? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I know that I know!!

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.                                             I John 5:13 KJV

This is one of my new favorite verses in the whole Bible!  I've actually always believed it, but never knew where to find the verse to tell someone else who may have questions about it.   This verse is so important to anyone who is a born again christian. 

The day I got saved is the single most important day of my entire life.  Of course my wedding day and the day my son was born are a real close 2nd and 3rd, but my eternal salvation definately tops the list.  Without being saved by God's amazing grace, I would be doomed to spend all of eternity in hell.  Yes, I fully believe there is a heaven where saved people go to be with Jesus, but to believe that, you have to believe in hell also.  It's just as real as I am sitting here typing this.  Not having to go to that awful place is very important to me as I'm sure no one really wants to go. 

The thing is, no one has to go.  The one and only thing that makes a person go to hell is not accepting Jesus as their personal savior.   The one and only thing that will allow you to go to heaven is fully accepting Jesus as your personal savior.  It's not by the works or good deeds that you do, just like it's not about the rotten ugly things that you do either.  
(For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:  Not of works, lest any man should boast.  Ephesians 2:8,9  KJV)

It's simply believing with all your heart that Jesus Christ is Lord, and asking him to come into your heart. 

That's it. 

Period. 

It's not some big complicated thing. 

Then, once you get that concept, some people start to question their salvation after they get saved.  They begin to realize that they are still flesh and they still sin.  They don't feel perfect and good all the time and that can be scary.  But christians are NOT perfect and sinless.  

Christians are simply sinners saved by amazing grace and forgiven.  

You are still gonna mess up.  You are still gonna do the wrong thing sometimes.  You are still gonna fail God and disappoint him at times.  

But God is very good about forgiveness.  Thank God for that!!!  When you realize that you have done wrong, (that is the conviction of God, like him whispering (or shouting if needed) to you that he's not pleased with how you are acting) all you have to do is say you are sorry (and mean it) and he will forgive you. 
(whew, that's a whole lotta ( ), sorry!)

Now, here is the good part!!!!

You cannot be un-saved.  Even when you have sinned, you will never be un-saved and have to get re-saved.  Salvation is eternal.....forever.....for always.....never ending.....Do you get the point?!?  That is what this verse is saying.  You don't have to worry about it.  If you ever get saved, and I mean truly get saved in your heart, you will always be saved.  God knows you will mess up sometimes, and he loves you anyway! 

Without this verse, I would be so scared that if I died at the wrong moment I might not go to heaven.  I would have to ask forgiveness almost everyday because I'm sure I sin almost if not everyday.  I could never be "good enough" to deserve heaven.  No one that has ever lived or ever will live (besides Jesus) could ever be "good enough" to deserve heaven.  But what a blessing it is to know that I don't have to worry about that.  Don't you think it would be kind of mean for God to say ok, here's your salvation from an eternity of hell, and then take it back the next time you sin.   Our God is not like that.  Our God sent his only son to die on a cross so that ALL of my and your sins could be washed under the blood!  Past. Present. Future. 

Our God is awesome and his plan of salvation is perfect!  I'm so glad he extends salvation to anyone who truly wants it.  If you'll just let him in, you can know without a doubt that you are his child from now to eternity, and what a great thing that is to KNOW!!!

0 comments: