? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, November 9, 2009

Well, that's just great.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to read my post The Same God over again.  But this time I need it for me. 

My car started clicking and purring on Friday, and let me just say that I never heard it make a sound before that.  I drove to the Advance Auto store and had them check the oil.  They said it was pretty low so they filled it up for me.  (I also found $3.00 in the parking lot which paid for Caden's happy meal, well, almost, it was $3.01.  And yes I fed him a happy meal, big deal).  Anyway, it slacked off a little on the clicking, so I went Saturday morning to just have the oil changed.  I thought maybe it could use a clean filter too.  And again, it helped the clicking a little bit. 

I got in my car this morning to drive to work, and what do I hear?  Clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.
Great.  That's just what I need.  So I took it to be checked out at a garage today and they didn't tell me something I wanted to hear.  They said they wished they had some better news for me, BUT..........

The engine is dying.  

The engine.  The motor.  The very life of the car.  DYING.  It's just a matter of time, but it's coming.  Could be tomorrow, could be next week, could be next month.  But either way, my car will die.  He said the clicking will just continue to get worse, (from what my non-car-knowledge brain can understand the clicking is stuff knocking together in the engine which is tearing it up) until one day the lights will start coming on and going off inside the car and it will just go crazy and die. 

GREAT.

Do you want to know how much this is probably going to cost?  A WHOLE ARM AND PART OF ONE LEG!!!  In other words, a used engine and the cost of labor to put it in will run about $4000.00.  Or the alternative is to buy a new car. 

Again, GREAT.

So, I'm trying to remind myself that the same God that was walking around in the fire and saved the three Hebrew boys from being burned CAN and WILL help me with my car.  There is a reason this happened, and although it really stinks right now, I have to trust in God that he knows what he's doing. 

I do wish he would let me in it though.  Just a little heads up would be nice!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

You poor thing!! I really hate that for you! Look, on the bright side, maybe you can get a car with the air vents in the back seat like you wanted so bad... Just trying to stay positive. It. Will. Be. Okay. Love you girl!!

~Jenny