? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, January 15, 2010

Little of this, little of that

I'm feeling very scattered today, so I'm sure this post will reflect exactly that same feeling.  Here's just a few random things on my mind.

The same week we found out I had gall stones, we also learned that Scottie's mom's husband has colon cancer.  He's been through extensive testing since then and finally got a plan of treatment today.  The doctors say it's at least at a Stage 3.  They want to do some kind of chemo or radiation for about 6 weeks, then let it rest for another 6-10 weeks, then attempt surgery to remove it.  The surgery is going to be very long and difficult and he will have to wear a colostomy bag for about 6 months after.  On top of this, he went to see his heart doctor (he's had several open heart surgeries, had a pig valve put in...etc) and they said the aneurysm in his heart which they've known about and been monitoring has doubled in size.  But of course it is secondary right now.  It is definately going to be a long hard road, so I ask for everyone's prayers please.

I called and scheduled an appointment for me to have my hair highlighted this week, and then I called to schedule Caden a haircut and guess when the only open time they had was?!?  The same exact time my appointment was for at different places in completely different towns!  I contemplated rescheduling mine, but we both needed it very badly.  So I swallowed my pride, and asked his dad to take him.......ALONE.......WITHOUT ME.......TO GET A HAIRCUT........HIS DAD GENERALLY SHAVES HIS OWN HEAD.........Do you see where I'm going here???  Well, I was a nervous wreck the whole time.  I had my phone in my pocket in case Scottie needed to call or text, but then realized that I had no cell service out in the boonies where I was.  As soon as I entered good service area on the way home, I called to see how things went.  Scottie said Caden did a really good job and sat still.  I kept asking how short his hair was.  Scottie's response....."It'll grow back".   AAAHHHHHH.  He'd better hope he's picking, even though it's not even a funny joke.  Well, he was.  Caden's hair looked great, and all is well.

0 comments: