? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Rub-a-dub-dub, First bath in the tub!


Jaxten's umbilical cord, (aka per Caden, belly button boo-boo) fell off today!! YAY!!  That meant we got to do a real in the bathtub bath with soap!  It was a day I have really been looking forward to.  The whole "lay cold naked baby on a towel in the floor and sponge one body part at a time with used to be warm but now cold water" thing just wasn't working for us.  He did not like sponge baths one bit and he sure did let us know too.  He would be all tore up over it, Caden would start spazzing out, I would get all crazy and stressed which would make Scottie seriously wonder how he got stuck with a bunch of looney toons!  I can't even blame him for it though because I don't like stepping out of a shower into a cold bathroom. 

So today when that little rotten stump of skin fell off, we were clapping and YAYing all over the place!  Here we ALL go into my closet of a little bathroom.  And by all I mean me, Scottie, Jaxten, Caden and Pacey the 50lb dog.  Honestly it was a sight to see.  Nevertheless, we are all packed in like sardines and still excited about what was going to happen.  We had turned the heat up a little so it would be nice and warm in there and filled his little tub with water.  We had towels, wash cloths (because with a boy you definately need at least two: one to wash with and the other to place over the umm, you know, because as soon as he gets relaxed in the warm water he WILL shoot you!) soap, diaper, A&D ointment, yummy lavender lotion, baby gown, cameras, phones (to take pics that we could sent via message to all the grandparents and aunts), and I think that just about covers it.  Anyway, we got him undressed and he was no doubt thinking "Oh great, here we go again with the freeze-my-butt-off sponge bath." 

(What was I doing with my hand?)

Then, I gently put him in the little sling thingy that holds newborns off the bottom of the tub and................



Hmmm, this isn't so bad!



"Mom, why didn't we do this the whole time?  This is pretty nice!"


(See the appropriately placed washcloth? It's necessary!)

Caden was being the "big helper" by handing me things I needed and talking to his brother.



"Aahhhh, this is the life!"


"The only thing that could make this any better would be some milk!  But I'll just suck my thumb a little."




He really loved his first bath!  That is, until we got him out..............





He was pretty upset when we took him out.  But, overall it was a great success!  There is nothing better than the smell of a clean baby!  Add some Johnson's lavender lotion and it's like the smell of heaven!




0 comments: