? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dedication


Sunday March 21st was Jaxten's first Sunday at church.  We knew we wanted to bring him to the alter and pray for him and our family the same way we did with Caden when he was born.  We mentioned it to the preacher earlier that week and they had an announcement in the church bulletin and everything!  Before the preaching, our interim pastor Preacher Jon (as Caden likes to call him), called us up to the front and introduced Jaxten to everyone.  He said we were going to have a little dedication and pray over the baby and our family. 


He spoke for a few minutes about the blessings that a baby brings to a family and how we as parents have a duty to raise that child up in the ways of the Lord.  The truth is that we are very blessed to have been given Caden and Jaxten.  That God would trust me enough to give me such great kids just amazes me.


Our family of 4!


We knelt down and started praying.


 
Preacher Jon got down and prayed with us too.

We thanked God for allowing us to have beautiful, healthy children.  We thanked him for all he has provided for our family.  We prayed for his grace to get through hard times that will inevitably come.  We thanked him for the day that he showed us the greatest mercy and saved our unworthy souls and prayed for the day that our children would come to know him as their personal savior too.  We thanked him for allowing us to be parents and asked him to help us raise them in the right way.  We know they are ours, but we told God that we wanted to give Jaxten back, meaning that we want him to grow to serve the Lord with all his heart and we want his life to be used in a way that pleases God.  We prayed for God to keep his protecting hand on them both and to keep them safe and healthy.   



Thank you Lord for your blessings on me. 
(written by The Easter Brothers)

As the world looks upon me, as I struggle along
They say I have nothing, but they are so wrong.
In my heart I'm rejoicing, how I wish they could see
Thank you Lord for your blessings on me. 

There's a roof up above me, I've a good place to sleep.
There's food on my table, and shoes on my feet.
You gave me your love Lord, and a fine family
Thank you Lord for your blessings on me.

Now I know that I'm not wealthy and these clothes are not new.
I don't have much money, but Lord I have you.
And to me that's all that matters, though the world may not see
Thank you Lord for your blessings on me.

There's a roof up above me, I've a good place to sleep.

There's food on my table, and shoes on my feet.
You gave me your love Lord, and a fine family
Thank you Lord for your blessings on me.

0 comments: