? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, May 10, 2010

Birthday, Zoo Fun, and IHOP!!

We went to the Asheboro Zoo on May 10th for Caden's birthday!  Scottie had to work :( so it was me, Jaxten, Caden and Mimi.  We ate at IHOP first......
(excuse me while I drool and slobber thinking about the strawberry pancakes and hash browns, YUUMMMM!)
 
Ok, I'm done. 

So we arrived at the zoo and parked on the Africa side.  I love the polar bears on the other side but Africa is becoming my favorite part.  The giraffes and zebras are always so close to you and the elephants really put on a show in the water!  The one thing I always hate is that no matter which way you go, you are going uphill.  It is a pain in the you-know-what (and everywhere else for that matter) to push a stroller full of baby and bags up a hill.  But I think I have figured out the key.  If you get on the tram at the entrance and ride it to the middle, you can walk downhill back towards the exit!  I'm going to try this next time.

Other than being so out of breath the whole time, it was a lot of fun! 

Here's a few highlights from our day.

Caden and Jaxten (totally passed out) when we first arrived at the giraffe and zebra exhibit.


I love watching the elephants!  They have so much fun in the water.  This one walked out to the middle of the little pond and just flopped over sideways.  She got her whole body completely under the water including her trunk.  She stayed under for the longest time.  If you hadn't seen her go under you would never have known there was a huge elephant in there!


My big boy Caden.  I love this picture because he isn't giving one of his "cheesy smiles"!


Here's all 4 of us in the flower building (the one that's usually the Aviary). 
You can't see his face but Jaxten is still sleeping.


Three generations!  There's that cheesy smile I was talking about!


Jaxten finally woke up as we were looking at the giraffes just before we left.  As you can see, he was very enthused about being there! 



My boys!
Caden "cheesy grinning" and Jaxten looks like he's thinking "I woke up for this?"


What is he looking at? LOL


I could just eat this kid with a spoon! 

We always have a lot of fun at the zoo.  At least I do.  I think it's one of my favorite local places to go! 

Now if I could just get to the San Diego zoo, I would LOVE to see the pandas!


0 comments: