? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Jaxten is 2 months old!

Jaxten, you are 2 months old!


You are growing so much and developing a personality!  Here are some fun facts about this month.

*We didn't go to the doctor this month so I'm not sure how much you weigh.  But I know you are growing because I can feel it in my arms after carrying you around!

*You started out this month in a size 1 diaper, but moved to a size 2 on April 26th. (I think Caden was still wearing newborn diapers at this point!)

*You still wear some newborn clothes but mostly you wear 0-3 month outfits.

*You eat every 2-3 hours during the day and go longer between feedings at night.  You eat mostly mommy's milk but we supplement with some formula too, and it's usually about 3-4oz at a time.

***I performed the ultimate mommy taste test.  You didn't seem to like any formula too good so I decided to taste them all and see what all the fuss was about.   I was surprised when the results were in.  Breastmilk (yes I tasted my own milk, and yes I know...YUCK) actually doesn't smell at all and has a faint sweetness with barely any taste.  Carnation Goodstart and Enfamil Gentlease smelled like something sour or rotten and tasted like you picked a piece of metal off of a shop floor and sucked on it for a minute.  (I would like to publically apologize to Caden for making him choke down the Enfamil as a baby.  I'm seriously sorry!)  Finally, the Similac Advance smells and tastes like a mild version of Vanilla Ensure.  Not too bad.  So, that's how we picked which formula to use.  But you still prefer mommy's milk!

*You have started sleeping really well at night!  At 7 weeks old you started sleeping 6-7 hours at a time, or from about 9:30-10:00pm until about 4 -4:30am.  You wake up and eat and go right back to sleep for another 3 hours or so.  That makes mommy really excited to get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time! 

*You started smiling the week you turned 1 month old.

*You have started (almost) laughing at daddy.  It's definately a little giggle!

*You have started cooing and "talking" a lot!  It's like music to my ears!

*You spent the night away from home for the first time (not by my choice though)!  I had to have my gall bladder removed and spend one night in the hospital on April 9th.  You stayed at nana's house with nana and aunt Heather.  I absolutely hated being away from you, but they said you were wonderful!

*You caught a glimpse of Pacey (our Shar-pei) and just kept staring at him.  It's like you didn't quite know what to think of this big, hairy, wrinkly monster licking your foot!

*Daddy played the guitar for us at home and you turned to look at where the sound was coming from.  You watched him play and watched his hand and arm as he strummed it.  It was so sweet!

*You have your first favorite thing!  It is a paper that Caden colored at school.  It has a V and and vioin on one side, but the other side is the one you like.  It has a blue U and a colorful umbrella on it.  You will stare at it for the longest time and sometimes you instantly smile when we hold it in front of you!


0 comments: