? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Wonderful Birthday dinner.

Yesterday was my birthday and I must say it was a pretty good day.  I had to work (bummer), but it wasn't too crazy there so I guess it was ok.  When I got home from work Scottie took me out to eat at Longhorn Steakhouse. 

Yuuuuummmmmmmm!

Ok, I'm back from drooling now.  My mom came with us and my dad met us there.  It was just Scottie, Caden, Jaxten, my mom, my dad and me.  You just don't realize how momentous of an event this was.  My mom and dad separated when I was 1 year old and my dad has been married for almost the past 19 years.  They are having issues at the moment (which is not totally the point here but slightly relevant). 

What I'm trying to say is that in my 28 years of life I cannot remember EVER having a birthday dinner, or a dinner of any kind for that matter, with my mom........AND my dad together (other than family get togethers where there were bunches of people).  They have always been nice to each other and on speaking terms.  They've communicated for the sake of co-parenting if for nothing else.  But as far as a sit-down-together meal, this was a first.

At first I thought "OMW, how weird is this?!?" 
Then I realized...................
I kinda liked it!

I let myself imagine for a while what it might have been like to have a mom and dad together.  I think I've always been jealous of my little brother for getting to "keep" my (our) daddy at home with him when I could only have visits.  But I don't dwell on it alot.  It is what it is and I have a great relationship with both of them. So everything has worked out fine in the end. 

But eating dinner with them that night (they even shared one of the "Two for $XX" deals) just brought up a bunch of what-ifs and what could have, should have, or would have beens.  With all that swimming through my head, I just decided I was not going to over analyze it and I just wanted to enjoy a wonderful birthday dinner with my favorite people and that's just what I did!  The food was fantastic, the company was great, and we finished it off with the best cake ever from the best bakery ever (shout out to Fancy Pastry in Lexington)!  I got money and gift cards from everyone (one of the best presents you can receive) so I will be treating myself to a massage, a manicure/pedicure, and some Pandora bracelet beads!! 

This was one of my best birthdays so far! 

I hope next year, my (2nd) 28th birthday is just as great! 
;)

0 comments: