? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, August 20, 2010

Catchy Little Jingles

Have you ever heard a commercial one time and got a silly song or quote stuck in your head?  Those people who sit and come up with the crazy little jingles for commercials sure know what they are doing.

A quick list of my favorites (and maybe not so favorites too):

Bojangles-"Gotta Wanna Needa Getta Hava Bojangles"

Almond Joy/Mounds-"Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't"

Meow Mix-"Meow, meow, meow, meow,     meow, meow, meow, meow,........."

freecreditreport.com-"F-R-E-E, that spells “free,” credit report dot com baby."

Subway-"Five. Five dollar.  Five dollar foot long" OR "Subway.... Eat Fresh!"

K-9 Advantix-"There ain't no bugs on me, there ain't no bugs on me, There might be bugs on some of you mutts, but there ain't no bugs on me"

Band-Aids-"I am stuck on Band-Aid brand, cause' Band-Aid’s stick on me"

Pepto Bismol-"Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarreah"

Kit Kat Bars-"Gimme a break, gimme a break, break me off a piece of that kit kat bar!"


Not only have I got these stuck in my head, it's working on my 4 year old!  Caden regularly walks through the house singing something he heard on a commercial. 
He'll be playing in his room and you'll hear his high-pitched country voice bellowing out "Activiaaaaa".

I came home from work one day and he caught me off guard with a question.  He asked "mom, do you trust Nationwide?"  I said "I suppose I do, why?"  He said "Cause' Jr. trusts Nationwide and you can too!"

Scottie took Caden to work with him the other day (he's an adjuster at Nationwide) and Caden watched and listened all day to what Scottie was saying to his customers on the phone.  Towards the end of the day Caden put on a headset and was sitting in the cubicle across from Scottie pretending like he was on the phone.  The manager came by just as Caden was saying (again you must imagine a REALLY COUNTRY accent) "Hey, this is Caden with Nationwide.  I was just callin' you bout' your wreck.  You can call me back.  My number is 866-500-5555" (sing 8-6-6 five hundred fifty-five fifty-five).  That phone number came from the same commercial where Jr says "I trust Nationwide and you can too".  Scottie's manager got a kick out of that!

We routinely eat at Subway on Wednesdays between work and church.  Caden has never cared much about eating there.  Then, all of a sudden, he started saying "Hey mom and dad, let's eat at subway!"  I finally asked him why he loved it now and he said "Because winners eat there!"

So, thank you t.v. for infiltrating mine and my child's brain with your mezmerizing commercials.
;)

0 comments: