? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Songs of Praise! / Prayer


Oh my, where do I even begin?

I've been really thinking about my prayer life recently, and I'm not happy with what I've seen.  First of all, I don't pray near as much as I should.  I mean if we really got down to it, we should be in a state of constant prayer.  But I let things and people and, well, life take my attention away from the Lord and I'm so ashamed of that.  He has been over and abundantly good to me, the VERY LEAST I could do is take a few moments a day to share my heart with him. 

I think God must be trying to tell me something about all of this because I have come across at least three different blog posts on the subject of prayer and surrender just in the past 2 days.  Angie's blog got me started thinking about it.  Then Patrice linked to this blog which I needed to see.

No, I don't typically have the exact problem that Angie has where she prays like she has to introduce herself to Him and then explain a whole situation in detail for Him to know what she's even talking about. 

In a way, I feel like that would be a step up from my situation.  I realized that I hardly ever pray for myself.  Now stay with me, I'm not getting all conceted here.  But I think I just don't feel worthy to even dare ask God for a little help with my problems, because let's face it, there are plenty of others who are hurting in ways unimaginable and they seem way more deserving of a miracle than myself.  I mean He is just my Father.  Surely he cares more about others than he does his own child.

Does this sound as ridiculous to you as it does to me while I'm typing it out??? 

I have been taught most of my life that Jesus loves me.  He loves me like I was his only child.  He loves me more than the sparrow that he carefully has provided for and knows each time one falls from the sky. 

HE LOVES ME.

So why wouldn't he want to take care of me and hear my cares and concerns?  As a mother, I can tell when my child is crying out even if he is in a whole crowd of children.  I am concerned for the needs of other peoples kids, but I want to take care of my own children first.  Their needs come before mine.  If they are happy, I'm happy.  If they are worried, I'm worried.  If they are hurt, I hurt with them.  Why should it be any different for my heavenly Father?

Well, it's quite simple actually.  It's not any different.

God wants me to ask for help and guidance just as much as he wants me to pray for other people.  I've been bombarded with so many negative things here recently and it's really getting hard to see the light of day sometimes.  I'm broken-hearted for so many other people and it seems wrong that they have to go through these things and I feel like they deserve a blessing more than me. 

But my God doesn't work that way and it's a good thing because no one is actually worthy in themselves.  It's Jesus inside us that makes us worthy to come to God.  And I'm so thankful for that truth today.

So my prayer for now is "Please Lord help me.  I'm struggling with things and thoughts that I cannot handle on my own.  I need guidance and instruction, but most of all I need some peace and rest for a while until I gain enough strength to get in the battle once more.  Thank you Lord for I know you are always there even when I can't see or rather I'm probably not looking."

**This is from one of the blogs I mentioned above**
"I just wanted to encourage you all to reach out to the God who has already filled the gaps, and embrace Him as the Father Who doesn't need anything from you. You are freed from responsibility, and enabled, through grace, to be a part of the miracle."



 
***These are songs that my group, CrossView, sings or just songs that mean a lot to me. We only sing songs that lift up the name of Jesus Christ our Savior. I hope you can let the words minister to your heart even though there is no music.***

God Still Answers Prayer


The Lord is not too busy that he can't reach down
and mend a broken heart.
And my burden is not too heavy that he can't hear a plea of faith
God still answers prayer

God still answers prayer
In his time he'll work a miracle
He will never fail
Satan has lost the battle
When to the Lord you humbly bow
God still answers prayer

If you feel that life is hopeless
and the night has no end
There's hope for your hurting heart.
For he'll be there with you
No matter what you're going through
God still answers prayer

God still answers prayer
In his time he'll work a miracle
He will never fail
Satan has lost the battle
When to the Lord you humbly bow
God still answers prayer

0 comments: