? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, June 29, 2009

Chalkboard Paint Fun!

I have been seeing the cutest idea all over "blogland" and I decided to try it out myself! I found several silver trays at local thrift and antique stores. I bought different sizes and shapes so I could try several of them.



I also found a simple white platter I wanted to try. All you need is some painters tape and chalkboard paint!




First you tape off the edges of the tray or platter and spread some newspaper or something around it.



Then you spray a light coat of chalkboard paint on it. You should apply a few coats of paint to ensure full coverage, allowing for drying time between each one.





In the end, this is what you get! Isn't it adorable?




I'm thinking that the edges of the white one looks a little bare. I'm still trying to figure out what to do on it. These are just a few of the silver trays.





I absolutely love how they turned out! I think it's a neat gift idea too! It's so easy. Go ahead, try it!