? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Craft and Decorations

I guess it's about time I post about something Christmas-y around here.  I saw this idea over at Thrifty Decor Chick  and thought it looked so creative and EASY!! 

(This girl has the best ideas and most of them are things I think I could tackle myself!) 

Anyway, I have been wanting to do something to my dining room chairs for Christmas but I never could figure out anything.  When I saw these cute little rings I knew that's what I wanted! 

And did I mention how EASY it was?!? 

I am so NOT crafty so for me to try it, it really has to be simple. :)

You start with this:
-wooden rings from Dollar Tree
-Ribbon
-Hot glue gun
-Scissors
*If you have any cute ornaments or something like that you can use them too*





Just start wrapping the ribbon around the wooden ring...



Cut the ribbon once you have it all covered and hot glue the end down. 



This is what you end up with!




(Sorry, this picture didn't get turned the right way. Oops!)
Scottie had these acorn ornaments that we've been trying to figure out what to do with.  So, I put them on a piece of ribbon and then put the ring on the ribbon.




I actually hotglued the ribbon together once I put them around the top of the chairs so it would look seamless.  Hey..it worked. :)

This is what I ended up with.  I L.O.V.E. them!


Too cute!




I think I'll enjoy these because I can change the ribbon and the ornaments each year if I want to!

So there's my little craft.  I did a couple of other things that I might try to post about when I actually take pictures!


0 comments: