? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gatlinburg, Part 1

I have been told that we went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee when I was little.  I have absolutely no memory of this whatsoever. 

So, when Scottie's brother told us that he found a great deal on a nice cabin in Gatlinburg and invited us to go, I was pretty excited!

Now let me just be clear about one thing here before we go any farther.  I'm a beach girl through and through.  I don't generally do cold weather very well.  My husband will tell you that I really don't like being cold. 

He's wrong.

I HATE being cold!

Scottie is opposite.  He would rather be cold than hot.  He says "there's only so much I can take off to get cool!"  I say there's only so much I can put on before I look like that kid in A Christmas Story that is so bundled up he can't lower his arms or even walk! (I soooooo love that movie by the way.  It replays on one channel for 24 hours straight on Christmas day and that is what we have on the tv while we open gifts every year!)

I digress.

Ok, so we packed up and went to Tennessee.  I loved the cabin.  It was so cozy and "mountain" feeling!  There was a rock fireplace inside and it looked like a log cabin inside and out. 

Or, perhaps it could have been because it was literally ON TOP of the mountain!

Nevertheless, it was beautiful!  I took so many pictures so I thought I would split this post up into smaller posts instead of one giant photo filled blog.



This was from the side where the hot tub was.  And yes, my crazy loonatic family got in one night even though is was like 15 degrees outside!  I did not however.  They all said it felt great while they were in and I told them I'm sure it did feel good.  But that 10 seconds of cold from getting out and running in the house was a deal buster for me.  Not worth it!


The front view.



View from the side.  It seemed like you could see everything from up there!



This was our room.  I love the rustic look of the log bed against the wood walls.


The fireplace was definately a nice thing to have on the cold evenings.  Especially after the crazies came in from the hot tub! LOL
We also roasted marshmellows and made s'mores! Yummm!


The kitchen.



Looking down from the loft.  That is Scottie and Jaxten walking into the bottom of my picture.

I'll be posting pictures of the family and of all the cool stuff we did while we were there next!  Come back and see!

0 comments: