? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, October 9, 2009

18 weeks


I am so bad at this blogging thing.  Shame on me.  I know you are all just sitting on the edge waiting everyday for a new post, all 7 of you! (hahaha)  Well, truth is I just don't have a whole lot of exciting or interesting things that happen in my little life.  But here's some of the normal things going on.

*I will add a picture when I get to my computer*

I am 18 1/2 weeks along now, which by the way is almost halfway to the finish line.  I can't even tell you all the ways that this scares the fool out of me.  I have been anxiously awaiting October 15th for a long time because that is the day that we find out whether Baby Speer is a boy or girl.  The countdown is on and it's only 6 days away now.  I've been so excited to find out what it is that I have been kind of wishing the days away.  But somewhere amongst all this flurry of excitement I realized that once that day comes, I will be halfway through and now I just want time to slow down a little.  I don't really know why I'm so scared.  I mean I have done this before.  But something about have 2 really makes me nervous.  Not to mention all the other preparations that need to be taken care of like, um, the nursery.  But I'm also very excited too.  A mix of emotions, imagine that. 

I have some more half annoying, half could-be-good news too.  This baby is so not moving like Caden did.  I felt Caden moving at 14 weeks and Scottie could see him kick from the outside at 18 weeks.  I felt this little one move at 10 weeks, but it never has really started kicking yet.  Just little fluttering, spastic feeling stuff.  Now this worries me a little because I can only compare to the last time, but I know every pregnancy is different.  I think maybe it might be because I have an extra 15 lbs going into this pregnancy that I did not have last time, so obviously there is more cushioning.  (I was puny last time I got pregnant, always have been)  Then I thought, well maybe this means it's a girl and she will be sweet and laid back since she's so calm now.  Once Caden started moving in the womb, he never stopped.  I mean he's 3 1/2 yrs old and still hasn't stopped moving!  Of course Scottie had to throw his opinion out there and he said "This definately means its a girl, she's already lazy!" WHAT?  Women are most definately not lazy.  We may be picky about what we do, but we're not lazy! 
So anyway, I was sitting on the couch last night watching my stomach for any signs of movement and I saw three little twitchy jumps in one spot!  Maybe the kicking is coming soon!  (I 'm sure I'll regret wishing for this when I have a foot permantly lodged in my ribcage!)

I have been having these "episodes" where my heart starts racing and I get really short of breath and weak.  I asked the Dr about it a few weeks ago and they said it was normal, but last Thursday it hit me hard when I got to work.  I had just driven to work and when I got out of the car it was like a wave crashed on me.  I just sat down on the sidewalk and called inside and told them I needed a minute to catch my breath.  I called the Dr and they brought me in later as a precaution.  They said once again, it's normal.  All the baby stuff is pushing up on my diaghram and lungs causing me not to inhale as much oxygen as I normally would, thus reducing the amount of C02 in my system.  Basically, it's kinda like I'm hyperventalating and he actually told me to breathe into a paper bag when it happens.  Great.....just one more thing to shove in my purse!

I should try to start posting about the pregnancy on Sundays so I can keep a better record of what's going on.  We'll see if I can get that going. (Ha)

Later peeps!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I think that is so fun that you are going to do the cake thing with y'all's family! FUN! It seemed like I worried so much more with my second pregnancy than my first, so I can totally relate to your emotions. :o) And my heart did all sorts of funky stuff when I was pregnant with my first. (I'm also a cardiac ICU nurse, so that's probaby why....one of those self-diagnosing crazy nurses!!!). Well, take extra good care of yourself and enjoy every minute! Saying a prayer for you and baby RIGHT NOW! ;o)

Shannon said...

Congratulations on Baby #2!! We are doing the cake thing too! We don't have to wait as long as you though. :)