? ??????????????Optimistic Sunshine? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 4.2 (6 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 2554 Total Gr
abs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ?????Ornamental Flowers? ????? ?????? ???Rating: 5.0 (5 Ratings)??7 Grabs Today. 1976 Total Grabs. ??????Get the Code?? ?? ???????Simple Elegance? ????? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Music to my ears!

Last night as we were getting ready for bed, the most awesome thing happened!  I laid Jaxten down on the floor to change his diaper before his bedtime feeding and he cried and fussed a little.  Then, when I reached down to pick him up he looked at me and just as plain as day I heard the most precious noise come out of his little mouth................

"mamama"!

Oh be still my heart!

I grabbed him and started "yay"-ing and I asked Scottie if he heard it.  He said he didn't hear anything. 

(Yeah, whatever.  He was two feet away and he's just in denial)
;)

But wait...it get's better!  I sat down with him on the couch to feed him and he looked at me and said it again!

"mama"

(This is where I melted into a puddle and slid right off into the floor!)
(Scottie is still in denial because I know he heard it again!)

I have been waiting for these two sweet little syllables.  Sure he was crying when he said it, (Caden also said mama for the first time while he was crying for me) but I don't care one bit.  And it wasn't his first sound, but I don't care about that either!  I'm just so honored to be his "mama" and I'm tickled if he calls me anything!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is from the daddy who you say is in denial. I didn't hear a thing. Maybe you are just hearing things.

Shannon said...

Sooo sweet!! Westin only says mamamama when he is crying too. :) We can just "be in denial" when we hear "dadada". :)